Our Foundations Course is like a mini yoga retreat. You’ll be paying less per hour than you would for a drop-in yoga class but learning so much more! This is also a great course to do if you are thinking of perhaps doing a 200hr Yoga Teacher Training course but you are unsure whether you want to invest so much time and money. In fact, if you do the Foundation Yoga Course and then decide to go ahead and do the 200 hr Wellness Connection Yoga Course we will deduct the cost of the Foundation Course off your total fee. You will receive a certification of completion from the Wellness Connection Yoga School.
Times: Saturday 8th September 10.30-6pm, Sunday 9th September 9-5pm
- What is Yoga?: An introduction and brief history of the tradition and philosophy of yoga
- Sun Salutations: Specific instruction and training of the sun salutation sequence, the cornerstone of the Vinyasa practise
- Poses: work through all the basic yoga poses you have experienced in a Vinyasa Yoga Course
- Meditation and Breath work: you will learn how to use simple breath and meditations tools
- Philosophy: Understand a brief overview of the massive history of Yoga
- Sequences: You be given a summary of sequencing, as well as some sequences to practice doing or teaching to your family and friends (for fun!)
- Please note this Foundation Course does not accredit you with the Wellness Connection or the Yoga Alliance to be a Yoga Teacher, nor does the Foundation Course nor does the course give modular credits towards the 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training course
My love for Yoga started after 12 years of being a Classical Ballet dancer. After many injuries in the dancing world I turned to Yoga and Pilates and it was life changing! I’m a Comprehensive Pilates teacher, Aerial Yoga instructor and Teacher Trainer, RTY500 Yoga teacher and Yoga Teacher Trainer on the Wellness Connection 200hr Yoga Teacher Training coruses.
I’m passionate about teaching people about their bodies and how to move safely. My classes are a balance of both strength and flexibility but most of all to have fun while doing it!
I’m an Anatomy enthusiast and I’ve worked on several Yoga Teacher Training courses. My biggest love is to present a deeper understanding of Yoga postures, Anatomy and the joy of Yoga to inspiring teachers.