This course can be taken as a workshop for non-yoga teachers or as a 18 HOUR Yoga Alliance Continuing Education module for Yoga Teachers.
YOGALINI Kids Teacher Training
The Yogalini Kids Yoga Course is accredited by the Yoga Alliance as a 30 hour YACEP accredited course for existing Yoga Teachers
15 & 16 February
Times: 9am – 6pm
Deposit R1000 due to secure your place
Please see Payments page for Payment Options, Student rates and cancellation details.
The course is for anybody who loves working with children and loves yoga, for parents and teachers interested in new, creative, fun and healthy ways to connect with their children and family.
Many other Kids Yoga courses are padded generalised adult Yoga themes that are explored in 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training courses and aren’t relevant to teaching Kids Yoga.
Claire has designed the Yogalini Kids Yoga course to be completely practical and purely Kids Yoga Teaching focused, allowing the course to be shorter and more affordable. Balanced with theory and practical lessons, discussions, play and lots of fun. You will be left with loads of inspiring ideas to create original, captivating yoga experiences for kids of all ages through specific tools, games and activities.
Accreditation: The Yogalini kids yoga course is accredited by both The Wellness Connection, the leading Teacher Training School in South Africa (www.wellnessconnection.co.za) as well as by the Yoga Fellowship of South Africa (www.ytf.org.za)
Claire Weight qualifications:
- 500hr Yoga Teacher
- Experienced 200 hr Registered Yoga Teacher -E-YRT 200
- LEAD teacher trainer of The Wellness Connection Adult 200hr Teacher Training
- Online Kidding Around Yoga certification (Kidding Around Yoga United States) Yoga for Kids Certification
- On line Kidding Around Anatomy for Kids certification
- Yoga4Kids Module 1 and 2 certification
- Scoliosis Programme: Rachel Jesien
The course will teach you the management techniques and tools to empower children and instill in them a love for yoga. The general outline for the two day course would be as follows: (structured around age groups 4 – 7 years old and 8-12 years old)
- Benefits of yoga for children
- Overview of children’s anatomy and developmental stages
- Meditation and breathing techniques suitable for children
- Explanation of yoga to children and what it can do for them
- Asanas (poses)
- Introduction to healthy lifestyle and nutrition
- Story themes, games, dances and putting classes together (ages 4-7 and 8-12)