ONLINE – START AT ANY TIME
ONLINE R 3,800
Payment plans available
YogiBearsZA This course is accredited with 30 non-contact YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continued Education) hours.
Should a course be cancelled due to Covid-19 concerns and restrictions trainees can either have a full refund or postpone to a course at a later date. We strongly recommend that clients who need to book accommodation and travel insure that they will be able to change or refund their travel arrangements should Covid 19 government policy recommend social distancing or ban gathering. Please note that Air BnB and most Hotel policies have this rule in place but it is better to confirm with the hosts and your booking agent.
To protect our trainees we will not accept any trainee who has recently come from a high risk area nor a person in contact with someone from a high risk area without proof of a negative Covid19 result. Trainees must sign an affidavit confirming no high risk contact and commit to no high risk contact during the course.
After this course you will:
- Have a basic understanding of kids yoga, its components and benefits.
- Have a basic understanding of anatomy, developmental milestones and the 8 senses in the body.
- Be confident in how to sequence, theme and prepare a children’s yoga class for ages 3-12.
- Be equipped with a variety of activities such as mindfulness games, journaling, visualisation, affirmations, props and breathing techniques which can be used as tools to create a children’s yoga class.
- Know the various children’s yoga postures and partner yoga postures and how to present them in a class setting.
- Have a clear understanding of the Business and Ethics regarding the administration of children’s yoga classes.
This course is designed for yoga teachers, parents, educators and anyone who is interested in learning about the application of yoga as a tool when working with children. The aim of this course is to create a basic foundation on the physical, emotional and mental components addressed in a children’s yoga environment as well as develop the skills needed to present a well-rounded children’s yoga class.
Tarryn James and Cami Barausse
Tarryn James is a qualified Occupational Therapist and 500hour Advanced Yoga Instructor. Tarryn is passionate about combining her love for working with chidlren with the incredible benefits of a mindfulness and yoga practice.
Cami Barausse has an Honours in Genetics and Evolutionary biology. Cami obtained her Kids yoga Teacher Training and Adult yoga Teacher Training whilst completing her Masters degree. In 2016 she established Yogi BearsZA, Yoga for kids, which is dedicated to serving the needs of the next generation of yogi’s out there, working with children aged 3-16 years old.