20 & 21 July 2024
ONLINE R 4,200
Payment plans available
This course is accredited with 20 YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continued Education) hours. You will provide Kids Yoga Sequencings post the course for the extra hours.
Should a course be cancelled due to Covid-19 concerns and restrictions trainees can either have a full refund or postpone to a course at a later date. We strongly recommend that clients who need to book accommodation and travel insure that they will be able to change or refund their travel arrangements should Covid 19 government policy recommend social distancing or ban gathering. Please note that Air BnB and most Hotel policies have this rule in place but it is better to confirm with the hosts and your booking agent.
To protect our trainees we will not accept any trainee who has recently come from a high risk area nor a person in contact with someone from a high risk area without proof of a negative Covid19 result. Trainees must sign an affidavit confirming no high risk contact and commit to no high risk contact during the course.
After this course you will:
- Have a basic understanding of kids yoga, its components and benefits.
- Have a basic understanding of anatomy, developmental milestones and the 8 senses in the body.
- Be confident in how to sequence, theme and prepare a children’s yoga class for ages 3-12.
- Be equipped with a variety of activities such as mindfulness games, journaling, visualisation, affirmations, props and breathing techniques which can be used as tools to create a children’s yoga class.
- Know the various children’s yoga postures and partner yoga postures and how to present them in a class setting.
- Have a clear understanding of the Business and Ethics regarding the administration of children’s yoga classes.
This course is designed for yoga teachers, parents, educators and anyone who is interested in learning about the application of yoga as a tool when working with children. The aim of this course is to create a basic foundation on the physical, emotional and mental components addressed in a children’s yoga environment as well as develop the skills needed to present a well-rounded children’s yoga class.
Laura Norton and Amy Watson
Laura and Amy are the Lead Yoga Teacher trainers on the Wellness Connection Yoga 200 & 300hr Yoga courses. Both teachers are Experienced Registered 500hr Yoga Teachers with the Yoga Alliance, with 1000s of hours of teaching experience, classes, privates and as Yoga educators on many teacher 200, 300hr and short Yoga teacher training courses.